This policy was last modified: May 15, 2015.
This policy pertains only to information which is collected via this website and not to any other data which you may provide to SteriMed, such as at a tradeshow or other print media event.
SteriMed Medical Waste Solutions
23065 Commerce Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48335
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – You may visit our website anonymously. However, when you register on our site, fill out a form, sign up for a newsletter, or enter a promotional offering on our website are asked to provide personal information about yourself, including but not limited to your name and email address. We may combine the information you submit via our website with information from other third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Log information – When you access our website via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information using leading industry web statistics services like Google Analytics. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, originating website, search words that brought you to our website, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to SteriMed, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services and to provide periodic updates and important news regarding our Company.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services;
- Administer a contest, promotion, or survey or other site feature;
- Personalize a users web experience;
- Send periodic emails (Note: any email which are sent to you will also have information contained within the email as to how to unsubscribe so as to prevent further emails from being sent to you in the future.)
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
SteriMed processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of our website’s features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
SteriMed does not share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of our Company, unless:
- We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SteriMed, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to SteriMed employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.